We are a technology-business support organization. Technology issues are always a concern for a business. The questions of "How does the technology, especially emergent technology, fit into current business plans?" and "How will it impact the bottom line?" are key considerations for investigating emerging technology. The answers are not always obvious and the path for selection is not straightforward. Many a business has failed due to attempting efforts beyond their capability. The Foundation personnel have been through this process numerous times. We can assist in exploring the choices available and aid the determination of the challenges that lie ahead in transitioning the technology to manufacturing.
The Foundation works with organizations in the management and operation of selected research and development efforts directed at emerging technologies. We also work with institutions of higher learning to foster educational programs and to promote efforts directed at commercialization of developing technologies. The size and scope of these efforts will determine the amount of the Foundation's involvement. For information pertaining to these types of programs, please contact the Foundation.
When technology meets business, the intersection is rarely smooth. The Foundation specializes in paving new paths for businesses. Each situation is unique and normally a combination of multiple factors. The Foundation employs its expertise to provide guidance and ideas in the following areas:
- Quick reaction analysis
- Evaluate emerging situations
- Analyze technical/business directions
- Proposal or planned program reviews
- Review existing strategic plans
- Evaluate business opportunities
- Program reviews
- Detailed analysis of technology plans
- Analysis of technology competency
- Technology capabilities
- Advisory efforts
- Continuing analysis of business/technology plans
- High level review on business/technology development
- Support in developing strategic plans
- Analysis of manufacturing capability and applicability to developmental efforts
- Analysis of technology plans and efforts to move into new technologies
- Program direction
- Support of ongoing program efforts, including review meetings, presentations to customers
- Guidance/development of strategic plans and implementation
The primary spokesperson for the Foundation is Walt Trybula, Ph.D., MBA, IEEE Fellow, SPIE Fellow, IEEE Distinguished Lecturer. His bio is linked to this page for further details of his background. Arrangements can be made for keynote addresses and related presentations. Please contact Dr. Trybula directly for further information.
The subject of nanotechnology safety is addressed in a monthly blog that covers items of current interest..
Nanotechnology Commercializaiton - presentation at SANTF.
Safe Handling of Nanomaterials - an IEEE Nanotechnology Council presentation